Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Alarm Clock These Days

Here he sits early in the morning in my kaffir lime tree which sits in a pot on my deck.
 
I think he is checking carefully to see if that movement he saw was me or just the shadow  of the sun.  
Next he begins his morning grooming. One has to look good, because these males are sometimes singing for a new mate while his old mate is still brooding on the nest!!
 

My goodness!!

 

And then it is full throttle four hours...and hours...and hours!

12 comments:

  1. hahaha...hours and hours...lol...oh my...snooze button? smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some bird species are in overdrive when it comes to mating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little wrens are so loud but they are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little clock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uttara2:53 AM

    cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:44 AM

    Ha ha! That is an adorable alarm clock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you ever with the birds would take weekend mornings off?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww.. could be worse.. could be a crow. Or Frank's parrot, Lucy. PEEEEEEEEEEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good kind of alarm clock to have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracious! This little bird just sits there and lets you take photos? I have the worst time with bird photos. I hope it has a pretty sounding alarm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marvelous shots! My little "bell-shake" birds have their nest in a small house in the lilac bush right outside my door. For such little guys they sure sing loudly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Noisy birds do wake a person up (usually quite early) in the morning. Sounds like this little guy has great vocal chords.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you once again. I really like these visits. Come sit on this log and tell me what you are thinking.